Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A Challenge

We are strong immovable women. A lady taught this to us in Relief Society this last Sunday. I am going to share some thoughts of how I have become immovable in some challenges in my life. Let's face it life is hard. We have so many things we need to do each day.We get lost in the crowd and don't remember the little things that mattern the most. How can we be immovable when we are struggling to get through the week? I ask myself that quite often. I feel as though things are fighting against me rather than by my side. like the currents are pulling me away from my goal. The top three things that were stated in the lesson were
1-Faith
Faith, we all have faith that the sun will come up in the morning but why is it so simple to say where is my faith when it is something harder that the sun coming up each day? We know the sun will rise and it will be another day but why do we not trust all will be well when we are faced with things that are hard for us it will be ok. Just like I know with all my heart that I will be a mom some day but why is it so hard for me to let go of my faith on a bad day? My conclusion to that is I need to constantly pray, read my scriptures, go to the temple. I need that constant comfort that comes along with the trials I am faced.
2-Family
I know that I can always rely on my family this last year my family was faced with some hard times. Im not going to share that yet. Something I always have to remember is you're nothing without your family. The beautiful part of families is we are all different, different personalities thrown into a family unit to make it through the hard paths of life. The attack on the family is so strong right now. It amazes me the new things Satan throws at the family because he knows how strong the family is. As I stated before, there is nothing he wants more than to rip apart and eternal family. I find he is constantly working on me trying to tell me my family is not worth it. When really they are.
3- Relief
We are sent to this earth to help others. To serve others, and Relieve their burdens. We lift and enlighten with our spirit, and our  testimonies. That is what Relief Society is about isn't it? When we serve others it silences our own insecurities. It brings the spirit into our lives, and pushes out Satan.
I know I am not perfect, but I want to challenge all of you, If you are reading this. I want to challenge you to step out of your comfort zone and open your mouth. Talk to someone new and find out more about those who you don't know. Be a relief to someone, that way your faith and family will grow. You will find you have more time in your busy day. I am challenging you to this and I will do this as well and report next week how it went. You dont have to answer to me. I am challenging you to do this to help you. Because I know how hard it is to get through Life. It is hard but think its hard for me and others around me also. We are in this together. Have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment