Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tender Mercies



Tender Mercies
Throughout this blog I will tell many stories of Tender Mercies.  I had a plan last week after talking about individual worth to talk about some of the other young women values. But with an experience I had this Sunday I have decided to share that instead. We have all kinds of trials as stated before in the previous post. Most are unsubscribed of where they come from. I know we always ask Why me? Why does it seem just when you think you have had enough he throws another curve ball at you. If he loves us so much why does he continue to throw us things we cannot handle?  My Grandmother has stated “Instead of asking why me, we should ask what do I need to learn from this?”
I know how quick I am to say why now it’s just one more thing for me to do or why not now; it is the perfect time to have kids because all my friends are having kids. Tender Mercies are sent to us in our times of need. Through our trials Heavenly Father sends us Tender Mercies that give us hope and lift us up. To show that when we think we are in the darkest times in our lives there is still great good in the world. Tender Mercies can be as simple as a sunrise, or the blooming of flowers in your garden. Heavenly Father wants us to be happy, at all times, even when we are feeling sad he wants us to be happy. I think whenever I am sad; I call my Dad who tries to cheer me up. That is exactly how Heavenly Father is. He sends us things that make us happy because he knows our likes and our dislikes. He knows us. He can only talk to us through prayer and through the still small voice of the Holy Ghost. But he knows us. Just like our Dads who call if they can, he sends us Tender Mercies of things that we would know it is a gift from him. My Dad knows that something is wrong even before he asks, because he knows me. Plus I think they have that radar that goes off when they sense something. My husband has it too. Heavenly Father has that too. He knows when we are struggling. I want to share and experience that happened to me this Sunday.
I was asked to come into Young Women’s. The youth in our ward are preparing to go on a pioneer trek. They were singing “The fire of the covenant” Song, which is the song for their trek. Towards the end of the song is says
“We are the youth of the great and final days armed with truth and a legacy of faith and we will rise up and shine the light he gives and with the saints testify he lives he lives!”
This made me think of when I was a young woman in young women’s. The songs we sang went along with this. We sang songs that stated we are children of the light saved for these days. I also remembered people telling me that I was chosen to come to earth for this time. Just as the youth today are chosen to come here at this time, they are special. As I thought about this I also thought about the future youth, and how much more strong and chosen they will be. Then the thought came to me.. A tender mercy came to my thoughts. If I am a child of light to hold my light out for all to see then what will my children be. I saw a glimpse of his plan for me; Heavenly Father is preparing me for my children. Spiritually he is making me a better person. Through my trials he is teaching me so much. He is teaching me to have faith; it will all work out the way it is supposed to. He is teaching me about patience, love and charity. He is teaching me to be honest in all things, and to rely on him when things get hard. He teaches me to trust my family, and love them unconditionally.  He is constantly teaching me to be better.
He wants to help us constantly. Yes he gives us trials but he teaches us through them if only we listen for his words. He gives us these trials because he can’t help us physically. He gives these trials, because he loves us and wants to make us better, and stronger. To keep us humble, and always remembering him in all we do, because his plan for us is so much worth the wait. I hope I can remember that regardless of how long I have to wait before I have kids I am being prepared for them. Because they are special, when they come to me they will be a Tender Mercy.  
I would like to bear my testimony about tender Mercies. They are true gifts from our Father in Heaven who loves us very much; he wants us to succeed in all we do, and to be happy. I am so thankful for all the Tender Mercies i have received and will receive. I love my Heavenly Father, so much. I know that I was put on this earth to help those around me to hold my light for all to see. I’m thankful for his church and for all he does for me. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ our Savior Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment